Since the first conference in 2009, the foundation of KMC, "Building Bridges With Music," has been to foster relationships among musicians of various genres through music, networking and cross cultural dialogue.
This is the essence of KMC sponsored events that participating artists look forward to; not only as an opportunity to perform in front of new audiences, but also as a way to expand artistic careers.
Joining KMC is more than just a performance! Over the years, musicians that have actively participated in KMC sponsored events and kept in touch through social networks have been offered performances at corporate events, band contests, festivals and other opportunities. Also, artists based overseas can use the experience to enhance their careers, boost their reputations and expand their own respective fanbase by collaborating with Japanese artists.
1) Applications will be accepted from Jan. 15th - Mar. 15th on this site and on the KMC gigmit page.
2) NOTE: All artists who are selected to perform must complete the conference registration process by May 15 in order to perform. This applies to both, artists traveling to the actual conference in Japan, and artists joining online. No fee is necessary to apply. However, selected artists will be required to pay a registration fee. (details here)
3) Musicians selected to perform will not be paid for their performance nor receive payment for any expenses related to their participation in the conference.
4) Genres accepted are: Alternative, Blues, Electronic, Folk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Jazz, Latin, Metal, Pop, Rock, Urban/R&B, World, Gospel, Acoustic, Americana, Avant-garde, Punk, Funk, Singer/Songwriter, Soul, A Capella
5) Selection results will be announced by April 15th and applicants who have been selected will be notified by email.
6) All selected artists will have until May 1st to confirm their participation, after which all unconfirmed spots will be offered to other applicants.
7) After confirming attendance, artists will be asked to provide further information for the conference registration process.
Please contact us if you have specific questions.